fot

[FOT] Racing contact in England

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Racing contact in England
From: JOSEPH HUGHES <tr5racer@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:03:24 +0000 (GMT)
Chuck

  I can help as I am Competition Chairman for the TR Register in England, have
raced a TR5 for 30 years and was also one of the drivers who came over to
Mid-Ohio in 2002.

  Are you intending bringing your TR5 over with you if you take up the
assignment? If you did you would have to make some alterations to it before you
could race it over here. If not then are you thinking of hiring a race car over
here to get some experience? This would be very expensive and probably not
possible in a TR. You would probably have to go through a training program over
here before you were allowed to race. The authorities over here are more strict
in their approach to racing than I believe is the case in the USA.
  However there are any number of track days available throughout the year at
many different circuits where you can bring along your own car (road or
race)and drive it at speed round the track for as long as you want!
  These usually cost in the region of $300 per day.
  I am sure I can help whichever route you decide to go down.
  Contact me if you have any more queries.

  Regards

  Mike Hughes