fot

[FOT] Mystery limited slip unit

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Mystery limited slip unit
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:48:11 -0600
Good morning one and all,

I'm looking for a little help in identifying a part I obtained over the
weekend.  I've got no web site on which to post photos, so if you're interested
in offering an opinion, drop me a line and I'll send the pics (5) to you.

I purchased a 4.11 diff for use with my Spit racer.  The diff has some sort of
limited slip or locker unit in it.  The person I bought it from told me the
person HE bought it from told him it was a Dana.  I've never heard of a Dana
for Spits.  Dad believes it looks a lot like the Quaife unit he put in the 3.89
I'm running in the car now.  The only marking I've found on it is the number
"64469".

Essentially, the LSD unit (whatever it is, and whether or not it works) was
free since I only wanted the 4.11 gears.  Maybe a very good deal, maybe not.

Scott B.