fot

[FOT] Wet Sleeve Liners-Reboring Visited Again

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Wet Sleeve Liners-Reboring Visited Again
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:17:54 EST
FoT:

Just an update.

Milestone Day on this "off and on" two year project.

The Holding Fixture for boring and honing wet sleeve liners was finished by
the tool and die shop, last week. (The design to hold the part in the fixture
is similar to what we had at John Deere for boring liners.

The results of the fixture runoff is expected next week. Some tweaking may be
necessary but repeatability is expected while achieving a reasonable
production rate.

Dan Forgey's new liners are somewhere in there, being bored to 87MM.

Why are we doing this?...because we can!

Joe (A)