fot

Re: [Fot] Lotus battle at Bathurst

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lotus battle at Bathurst
From: "Joe Guinan" <joeg@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:34:38 -0600
I have to admit I thought it might have been staged too.  The guy comes
through several groups of cars WAY too easy - like some of them were afraid
of him and just got out of his way.  It seemed like only one car really
tried to stay in front of this guy.  The last car he passed - for the lead -
didn't even seem to be trying.  With the aggressive positioning of the car,
I wouldn't blame them.   I'm also wondering what he left in his slip stream
that got the race yellow flagged?

I'll believe that it was a real race if you say so, Jim and Dale.  It's
pretty obvious this driver was on the gas as early as anyone else, and he
was CERTAINLY on the loud pedal longer than several.  He takes a much wider
line than most of the other cars, and seems to know the track well so he is
placed properly.  Momentum does seem carry him past several cars.

Joe G
Fremont, NE

I am the only one that thinks this was staged?  Under the too good to be
true category, his capture of the first place car at the end looks too
convenient.  Dale