fot

[Fot] crankshaft survey

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] crankshaft survey
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:43:44 -0600
Moldex has long been the Triumph racers' choice for billet cranks. Mine too.

Their quality is very high, but their delivery time fluctuates wildly
and unpredictably.

Joe Alexander and I visited the PRI show in Orlando last week. I
talked to representatives of several crankshaft companies, asking if
they would be interested in making cranks for us, in the quantities
that our little TR community might buy. I was pleased to find that a
couple of companies would be willing to quote on our cranks.

I would be willing to spend some time facilitating getting this set
up if there is enough interest. To do this I need to have an estimate
of how many might be sold. Therefore I'm asking you FOT's to give me
an indication of your interest.

I would see negotiating a price based on an initial run and a
probable annual quantity. I'm not asking anyone to make any
commitments, but if you are interested in buying a Moldex during the
next year, would you please share that information with me?

Thanks

uncle jack