fot

[Fot] TR4 bore size

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 bore size
From: "marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:57:38 -0500
I agree with Tony, in that I don't care what everyone else runs as long
as they leave me comfortably in the middle of the pack.

I'm sure most everybody knows this, but for the record, my original 1965
TR4/TR4A factory workshop manual lists only 2 bore sizes, 86mm and 83mm
(special order).  The 1967 SCCA production car rules allow reboring the
cylinders up to a maximum of 1.2mm over the greatest bore measurement
specified for that make and model, hence the 87mm that most of us seem
to use.  I don't know where the 89mm and 92mm came from, probably
California. Don

Oh, and Merry Christmas or Happy Chanukah, as appropriate.