fot

[Fot] D Type Overdrive Part Identification

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] D Type Overdrive Part Identification
From: "Peter Vucinic" <pvucinic@netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:57:12 +1100
I have a D Type overdrive that I am rebuilding but it has a component missing
that I am unable to get a good description on. I am hoping someone on the list
can point me in the right direction?

I have looked at the MOSS and RIMMERS parts books and while they show a
picture, they fail to identify the component.

The item appears to be a castellated nut with a very short adjusting stud.
This item sits directly in front of the electric solenoid plunger, mounted in
the alloy casting section of the OD, facing frontward's.

I am assuming it is some adjustment device to stop the solenoid plunger coming
out too far forward out of the solenoid coil?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Peter Vucinic
TR-4