fot

Re: [Fot] Caliper questions

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Caliper questions
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:39:30 -0800
Never have understood that business about not splitting the calipers, except
that the o-rings were hard to get and sometimes too skinny. I've made them out
of O-ring universal material (the kind where you glue the ends of neoprene or
viton string together) and it's worked fine, nice to hear they are available
though.

Would you're club go sideways about non-stock period replacement calipers like
APs? It's nice to have lightweight calipers and I've seen advertisements for
these being produced again. In general they are a bolt on replacement if you
get the right ones. They look identical to standard Girlings.