fot

Re: [Fot] Cranks

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>,triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Cranks
From: "M. Dunst, Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:20:37 -0800
I have almost finalized deals  with two well known Crankshaft manufacturers.
I have spoken to SCAT today and have given them  an absolute deadline of
next Tuesday to finalize my RFQ.  They have had 14months and lots of
pestering.

The other manufacturer  has completed the RFQ in less than a week, answered
each call and seems genuinely interested.    They will be nameless for now
until next Wednesday.  Either way, the 4340 billet is of domestic origen
with appropriate certs.  Naturally, state of the art CNC equipment, Quality
control and excellent market history.  Hardening and surface nitriding
locally.   16 weeks or sooner is the best quote I have anywhere.

Only if VERY seriously interested please contact me off line.    Final price
will be determined on Wednesday.  Fob 91010.

If anyone on this list has knowledge of people who would be interested have
them call or email me directly.

Now.... not to spoil this Cranksaft deal....

FYI.... I just dissasembled a TR motor that was put together by Casey Annis
about 13  years ago.  This engine was installed in his TR4.  He ran the car
for two seasons and then by three different Drivers who rented the TR4 from
him.   Those additional drivers took this engine to the limit and beyond.
The last driver totaled the car at Laguna Seca 1996.   I purchased the
engine and used it as a backup when I took my primary motor was being redone
and used it for at least two complete seasons. It has seen significant
service and has been rev'ed to 7000 many times.
 I just got the cranksaft back from the machinist.   The crank needed no
machining.  The journals were polished and it was returned.  10/10

So, much for billets.

But, I have had a Moldex break in half.
M. Dunst
www.headgasket.com