fot

[Fot] ex-Sebring TR4?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] ex-Sebring TR4?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:28:50 -0600
We are having fun trying to establish the provenance of a TR4 race
car and maybe you can help.

In 1963 / 64, Kas Kastner raced a team of TR4's at Sebring. Quite
successfully, I might add.

We are working on a 1964 TR4, sold in 1966 by a firm named Associates
Discount Corporation to Jim Spencer from Wisconsin. Jim drove a TR4
for Kastner at Sebring and then took one of the cars home with him,
according to Kas. We have documentation that the car we are working
on was purchased by Spencer in 1966 and raced non-stop since then. It
would really be nice to be able to make the formal connection that
this is the Sebring car that Spencer took home.

Although the car is now blue, it was originally white like the
Sebring cars. Mr. Spencer is deceased, we think, but we do know that
he owned some auto dealerships in Wisconsin.

So the question is "Is this really one of the Sebring cars?" All
evidence points to that, but we don't have a piece of paper or a
person who can verify that this is the car that Spencer brought home
from Sebring.

If anyone on the list has any knowledge of Spencer, his dealerships,
or this situation, would you help us out?

Thanks!

uncle jack