fot

[Fot] importing and exporting cars

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] importing and exporting cars
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:57:10 EST
In a message dated 1/28/2007 1:50:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fot-request@autox.team.net writes:

> >> I just "containerized" (is that an actual word?) two early Spitfires
> >> yesterday.  They are headed by rail to the Port of New York, and
> >> then will
> >> go on a ship to be transported back to the UK.  There are two more
> >> to go in
> >> a couple of months when some title work, etc. is completed.  I
> >> understand
> >> they may end up going somewhere in Northern Europe - maybe
> >> Denmark?  The
> >> value of the English Pound and the Euro against the poor US Dollar
> >> seems to
> >> be driving a lot of cars back to their homeland.
> >>
> >> My process for getting this done seemed quite inefficient.  If
> >> anyone has
> >> any real experience doing this, I'd sure like to bounce some
> >> emails back and
> >> forth with you.  I have to think there are better ways to get cars
> >> shipped.
> >>
> >> Joe Guinan
> >> Fremont, NE

In a semi-professional manner, I have used a company called IMOREX (Import Or
Export) geddit? Based out of Ipswich, England...near the ports of Felixstowe
and Harwich.The main man there was a fellow called Ian Jefferies.

They gave pretty good service, and can offer either Roll-on-Roll-off (RORO)
or Containerization, the cost last time I looked was about 1500 USD for RORO,
or
8500 USD for one large container, (23 feet long I think), therefore can old
at least two of our cars.

They know all the paperwork, and there is no import duty on 'returned British
goods', 'only' VAT at 17=% on the value of the car plus the cost of shipping.

figures may have all changed, so these are only guidelines.

Do not use a regular household shipping agent as they know nothing, or less
about shipping automobiles.

Best Regards

Leon

<A