fot

[Fot] 1972/1973 GT6 Stromberg - Fuel Leak

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] 1972/1973 GT6 Stromberg - Fuel Leak
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:07:49 EST
Gentlemen

    Our two GT6s street cars were started late  yesterday after about three
to four months in indoor storage.  Unfortunately, both have fuel leaks from the
factory Stromberg which were  observed only after the engine was turned off.
In the case of one  GT6s, the Strombergs had been recently rebuilt.

    I have had these particular cars for many years  (one for nearly 20
years). This is the first time  that either has had this problem even though
both
have been used sparingly  over my ownership. Rather odd coincidence that they
both developed the same  problem over the last three months or so.

    We have not had time yet to had time  to determine the source of the
leaks. I would appreciate any guidance  as to what to look for as to the
typical
underlying cause and permanent solution  (if there is one).

    Thanks in advance for you advice and guidance.

Cary

.