fot

[Fot] cute story / spoonerism

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] cute story / spoonerism
From: "M. Dunst, Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:32:18 -0800
Here is an excerpt from my communication with the Peugeot owners group.  I
purchased a 1979 Peugeot for it's four cyl. diesel motor to convert to either
biodiesel or WVO... any rate.  since I had a Peugeot .. I offered the
following bit of trivia to this French group.

> All;
>
> I should mention that I once owned (about 7 years ago) a French Fisson.
There were only four of these made in ?1896-7. This was the only one left.
We auctioned it off at Christies at its Terrytown New York venue.
 It was a very primitive beast without a carburator (as they were not invented
yet..)  It had a two cylinder motor
that had an evaporative tank with a float.  The fuel would (by gravity) go
to the bottom on this 8" x 14" tank and as soon as about 3/4" of fuel was at
the bottom the float would stop further fuel from entering.  The exhaust
pipe wrapped around the outside of this tank.  You would prime the cylinder
with the priming cup.  Crank the motor over and let it "pop".  After about
three or four cycles of this the exhaust was warm enough to make the fuel
evaporate better.  The top part of the tank had a pipe feeding the
cylinders.  As the cylinder moved down the atmospheric valve opened and
withdrew vapor from this tank sustaining the run cycle.   Throttle response
was nil.  It had four gears forward and four gears reverse.  It used an
emergency anchor bar dropped to the ground to stop if going down hill.

MD

The following is a Peugeot members response to this... .

As well as an inventor, I understand that M. Fisson also was a dog fancier.
He developed a new dog out of a dam he had named Bridget, and he called it
the Bridget Fisson. Then he decided that Fisson Bridget sounded more classy.
It took him a long time to get recognition. When he finally presented his
work and documentation to the French Kennel Club to license the dog as a
distinct breed, he had been doing a lot of celebratory drinking, and he
introduced the dog as a Bisson Fridget, and the Club's Board all thought he
had slurred "Bichon Frise."

Here is the link to the current owner and photo of the French Fisson.  If you
scroll to the bottom of the page on the right hand corner is another photo of
the Fisson.  I havn't researched t this dog but, the story sure is cute.
Nothing like a drunk frenchman and a spoonerism.
http://www.lbvcr.com/gallery.cfm/flag/2/category/7/id/160/category_name/2006%
20Media%20Event/CurrentPage/1

M. Dunst
www.headgasket.com