fot

[Fot] Badly Behaving Ford Explorer .....Any Ideas ??

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Badly Behaving Ford Explorer .....Any Ideas ??
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:57:43 EDT
Amici

    Our 1992 Ford Explorer has been a very  reliable vehicle until the last
several months. Now, every once in a while,  it does start with the engine
seeming starved for fuel. There is no clear  pattern emerging as to when this
happens. However, after sitting a while after  refusing to start, it suddenly
start again. Then it works fine for many days or  even weeks.

    Each time, we have brought it to the garage, they  could not get it to
fail. So we had an agreement to tow it over when it was not  starting; so we
towed it over today after it did not start and it started right  away. The
garage
says there is a long list of potential causes such that it  would be
speculation on their part to start doing anything, anyone had similar  problems
or
suggestions on the most probably cause.

Cary