fot

[Fot] TR4 head gasket fo ra milled head

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 head gasket fo ra milled head
From: "James Gray" <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:06:30 -0600
I have begun to assemble my new motor expecting to have to trim the head
gasket for the .075 I took off the head.
Oddly enough the shape of the compression ring on the new gasket matches
the combustion chamber perfectly.
The compression rings are almost oval. I compared it to the original
gasket and the original is perfectly round to match the liners.
One thing though, I will require perfect alighnment of the gasket on the
liners as the compression rings are right on the interior
edge of the bore. I have + .030 pistons in it. any idea's on what will
happen if I get a bit of the gasket hanging over ?

Jim Gray
( RMVR newbie )