fot

Re: [Fot] Stupid Spitfire Question Of the Day

To: "marty sukey" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Stupid Spitfire Question Of the Day
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:58:05 -0700
Yes, on all swing axle cars the axle is the lower control element and the
spring is the uppre control element.  This causes a number of concerns.

 Increase in positive camber when the suspension is in downward travel
relative to the diff. seems to be the biggest concern.  But the relationship
of the brake shoes and drum is not one of them.  theyy area always on the
same plain.

The main advantage of the variable length axle shaftw on the 6 is that there
can be separate upper and lower control elements independent of the axle and
therefore not cause such radical changes in camber as the suspension raises
and lowers.

Joe