fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008

To: lunkercars@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:51:36 EDT
Amici

    One of the underlying fundamental reasons why there  are many different
sanctioning organizations is that there is no consensus  on vintage preparation
standards. Further, reflected in the differing  standards is a fundamental
difference in philosophy about the preparation of  cars for racing. And even
further, there is even more basic difference of  philosophy about cars
themselves; General racing for example has typically only  included cars that
have a
real race history.

    On one extreme, we have only cars with an actual  race history that
supposedly is prepared to the same specifications as when they  were raced and
on
opposite end is newly constructed race cars utilizing new  technology. For FOT
to have an event, it means that a compromise has to be  reached to allow these
cars to compete together.

    Philosophically, there is also a very big  difference between drivers. On
one extreme there are people who simply want to  have fun driving as fast as
they can with their car and the opposite extreme of  someone who wants to win
a competition. It would seem that we should have an  agreement amongst FOT for
those who want to compete as to the level  of preparation allowed, a sort
very basic of FOT GRC for the Kastner Cup  that preferably references an
already
existing GRC. If you are in not in  compliance, you simply are not eligible -
but you can go on the track (if  accepted by SVRA) to have fun driving your
car.

    Thanks for listening, Cary

Begin  forwarded message:

group44tr7@aol.com