fot

Re: [Fot] Sponsorship of Vintage Racing

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sponsorship of Vintage Racing
From: "James Gray" <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:27:05 -0700
You could be right Bill. I understand how things can spiral out of
control. As far as catering is concerned I was planning on catering for
the sponsors guests only.
Tent passes would be issued and limited to 30 or so.Watkins Glen has no
problem with that, I just have to clear it with SVRA.
The Saturday FoT party in our pit is on me and lasts until the beer runs
out. The sponsor will have people there to manage and entertain their
guests with me popping in and out as I attend to my own racing issues.
Plus there will be others there that could represent the " the team" and
help with the sponsor.
It sounds like your event was much larger anything I'm planning. Again,
you may be right as I have not heard from all my prospective suppliers
for catering, graphics & RV rental yet.I don't want to over commit and
will try to be conservative. I will find that book you refered to and if
things start to get too complex then I will bag the idea.
By profession I am a construction project manager so I will certainly
apply my planning, budgeting and risk management skills to the project
with guarded opitimism.
Keep it simple ( as it can be ). If you spent $40K that must have been
one hell of an event, how many people did you entertain?
Jim G