fot

[Fot] under hood temp control

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] under hood temp control
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:22:53 +1100
FOT
I am thinking of making an objective of reducing the air temperature in the
engine compartment of my TR3, and to direct as cool air as possible to the
carburetor intakes. I know there are shrouds available to channel maximum
outside air through the radiator, but that seems to address only part of the
problem. Where does all that heat from the head and exhaust manifold go?
Surely not out those two little slits. Louvered bonnets are an attempt to
address this no doubt, but it seems they are expensive and not universally
done. I know from seat of the pants that as operating temperature rises,
performance dwindles. How do others deal with it?
Steve Preiss