fot

Re: [Fot] F-1 Thermometergate

To: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] F-1 Thermometergate
From: <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:53:02 -0800
I don't think that the FIA's decision to dismiss the protest was based on the
readings of the thermometer, as much as it had to do with the relivance of the
readings.  Since there is no way to ppropriately measure the temperature of the
fuel once it is on board, the readings that they took cannot be accurately
applied to the temps of the on-board fuel.  And since the regulation specifies
the temp of the fuel in the car, the mearurements of the fuel in the rig is
meaningless.   It is very easy to conclude that the fuel temp will rise
dramatically when it is introduced to the very hot car during a race.

Joe C.