fot

Re: [Fot] Valve cover breather

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Valve cover breather
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:23:54 -0800
The oil pan pressure goes into the head and valve cover, and chances are
with no way out, will liberate itself by blowing out under the gasket and
around the oil filler cap. Even with the 1" minimum breather on the block,
you still need the one on the valve cover, not just a little 1/2" hose
either.