fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire GT Transmission.

To: <igofaster@charter.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire GT Transmission.
From: "Jim" <britbits@netzero.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:34:19 -0500
Bobby,

Bummer to hear that.  I hauled an autocrosser 400 miles to New Orleans to
have it start popping out of gear on my co-driver on the first run of a 2
day event.  So I understand the feeling.

Out of curiousity.. what was the failure mode?  Spun bearing?  Failed
synchro?  Layshaft out the side of the gearbox?

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas
'76 Spitfire DM autocrosser