fot

[Fot] Replacing hood

Subject: [Fot] Replacing hood
From: Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 16:16:14 -0500 (CDT)
What I have done is perhaps simpler.  No NUTS nor Bolts to adjust.

I took the hood bracket and drilled out the pin holding the body braket
from the hood bracket.  Once this was done I realligned the two
seperated pieces with a 3/8" bolt and welding a 3/8 inch ID  steel  bush
on either side of the brackets about 1/2" on either side.  I got an
appropriately long 3/8 PIP pin and reassembled using the removable pin.
Intially you need to place the hood and braket as you would normally and
align.  But, this is done only this initial time.  When I want to remove
the hood I just take out the PIP pin holding the two bracket halves from
the from the open Head Lite opening.  All remains aligned.

I did this for the race car not my street car.

M.N.Dunst

Gasket Works USA, LLC

gmt-8 Pacific time

626.358.1616 voice