fot

Re: [Fot] Miata Seat Conversion for Triumphs FOT Interest?

To: britbits@netzero.com, <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Miata Seat Conversion for Triumphs FOT Interest?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 14:15:34 -0500
Nice site. Good pictures and dimensions.

The kit we're preparing positions the seat in the TR4 and TR6 so that
the seat clears the outside trim and also clears a Moss type harness
end on the tunnel. The new kit bolts to the floor using all four
stock holes in the floor, and bolts to the seats using the holes
already in the Miata seat rails.

The only work necessary on the Miata seats is that the ends of the
lower half of the seat adjuster rails must be bent out straight as if
to lay flat on the floor, and a locator peg on the bottom of the
Miata rails must be cut off. The bending can be done with a vise or
large wrench and the locator pegs are a job for a hack saw or die
grinder with cutoff wheel.

As nearly as I can measure it, the Miata cushions are one inch higher
at the "sit bones" than the stock seats.

At 01:48 PM 5/8/2008, Jim wrote:
>Joe,
>
>How does what you're doing compare with some of the installs being done?
>
>As an example here is a link to Paul Teglers page on making Miata seats fit
>a Spitfire:
>
>http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/miataseats/index.html
>

>Just curious.
>

>Jim