fot

Re: [Fot] Miata Seat Conversion - airbags??

To: sbarr@McCarty-Law.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Miata Seat Conversion - airbags??
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 18:09:01 -0600
Airbag deployment timing is extremely critical. Too soon, useless. Too
late, probably do more damage then not having it. Filming an airbag
deployment at normal speed, it will probably not contain a single frame
of the fully inflated bag.
Frontal airbags in the steering wheel tend to break the neck of drivers
in full face helmets.
How would tech feel about explosives in your racecar?
Just a few thoughts,
Bill