fot

[Fot] Eagles Canyon CVAR May 2008

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Eagles Canyon CVAR May 2008
From: <igofaster@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:44:47 -0700
Hello FoT!
Great weekend in North Texas for CVAR! The transmission from Quantum Mechanics
worked perfectly! I did not have a chance to run until friday test and
tune....The GT6 performed very well every time out... Sunday was a little hot,
but, all in all, a very wonderful weekend for the Triumph GT6!
Joe Hovey trashed his engine the first day...
I guess he and I were the only members of FoT racing although I heard Ed
Bernard was there with his son doing corner work.
I can't say enough about how the CVAR crew really made me feel special for
going through the changes they required. It was evident saturday morning
drivers meeting when Bob Green our chief steward clearly stated, "Play within
our rules, or go home". Silence followed by a huge round of applause! Our
president , George Curl had 70 plus emails from Group 1 the night before (big
cars) ... some personal remarks about the stance of vintage... one driver has
been tossed out on the 13/13 rule and three more were in line...
I had a blast, best part was sunday with our last session of 20 minutes, I was
NOT passed by anyone!!!   Hey... I'm glad to start in last and just FINISH
while I get my seat time in....  really a great weekend for me!

All the best!

Bobby Whitehead
#54 YELLOW CVAR / Triumph GT6+