fot

Re: [Fot] Fw: alternatives to the SCCA?

To: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fw: alternatives to the SCCA?
From: Scott Cypher <srcypher@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:14:18 -0400
It comes from the inconsistency in the approach laid out,
inconsistency in application of the rules.  1 strong national classes
(#11) combined #22 into 1 class; 1 class (#16) kept by itself because
it can't be combined with anything else, and some even question if
its consistent with SCCA stated philosophy.

SCCA has a pre-established method to keeping classes; overall
participation in that class; once it fails to meet the thresholds
set, it is considered for combination and consolidation.

If SCCA hadn't demonstrated that certain classes get to stay
national, despite not making the cutoff (GT3), or if SCCA was making
way for a tuner class, a drifter class, or something that is clearly
popular, would clearly create draw, and/or demonstrated "business
saavy" to generate income, I would be hard pressed to argue theirm move

Such does not appear to be the case.  They are doing this why?  I
Quote: "In addition, opportunities for new classes such as those
using biofuels and hydro- gen energy sources must be made possible
for the future."  I can't even begin to comment on that one.

Most of the prod racers I've noticed have tended to say, if SCCA
wanted 21 classes, why not just make the run-off cut-off 21 instead
of 23/24 and be done with it?  HP either ponies up  with
participation or gets trampled, that simple.

I always knew my car with a 30 year long log book would end up in
vintage.  The writing has always been on the wall that HP will go
away at some point.  I just didn't need the kick in the nuts.

Anyone got a '72 GCR I can have?  or burn a copy for me on a DVD?

Thanks

-Scott Cypher
spitfireracer@xsmail.com
SCCA #57 HP Spitfire 1500 #362573