fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA? HSR, GRM, Baseball

To: GRMTim@aol.com, JWoesvra@aol.com, whimsey1@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA? HSR, GRM, Baseball
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:32:35 EDT
Amici

        HSR has been one of the few organizations that has been open to
accepting the Group 44 TR7 AND placing it into a reasonable race category
(under 2
liter).

        I personally feel a certain amount of additional pressure as a driver
to have this car, with such a great history, to do well in the race. That is
a challenge enough for me when I am with comparable cars. Unfortunately, the
typical class options for TR7 place them in a situation where they are moving
chicanes.

        Maybe what truly needs to occur is for a new sanctioning body to
develope that more actively embraces preserving motor racing history in the
period
after 1972.

        Realistically, GRM could help make this happen by building awareness
the issue in its pages.

        Okay, now for a sporting update. Son's team has won the regular
season, now heading into playoffs. He ended season with a 850 hitting pace, but
is
a long ways from a gold glove candidate. As you can imagine, his coach has a
love-hate relationship going on with him.

        I will check back in after the playoff are over :).

Cary

In a message dated 06/03/2008 6:25:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,