fot

Re: [Fot] mileage plus

To: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] mileage plus
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:31:19 -0700
I had an 850 Spider when I was on the Enterprise, I met another sailor
in the parking lot at Newport News Shipyard one day who was shipping
out, had bought ALL the abarth stuff--head, carb and manifold, cam,
exhaust, big bore pistons and then his car was stolen. He sold the
whole lot to me for ten cents on the dollar.  I pulled the engine
myself without a lift--just plucked it out like a sewing machine in a
trunk. Okay, a pretty heavy sewing machine, but I could carry it. Did
all the work in two weekends and had it back running. on the next
monday. It was pretty cool. Beaucoup oversteer and you had to be on
the powerband to make much happen, but it would eat up most of the
LBC's around. I eventually discovered a lot more midrange when I
realized the cam was advanced one tooth.

  I shipped out to Westpac for eight months and my wife (at that time)
hated the car. I shoulda kept the car and got rid of the wife.

On Jun 6, 2008, at 4:42 AM, Steven Preiss wrote:

> Guess my true colors have been revealed. My very first car was a
> 1961 Fiat
> Abarth 750.
> Steve P.

Bill Babcock