fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Performance upgrades Strombergs

To: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Performance upgrades Strombergs
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:54:44 -0700
The problem I found was the occasional leak in a diaphragm  that could throw
you for a couple days until you finally find that little pin hole  and of
course the difficulty in finding optional needles. That is the reason I
figured out away to use the S.U. needles and how to make a needle modifying
tool.  The floats also can be a problem and when you pull the float bowl you
can have gasoline all over the engine side (read: headers) and that is okay
when cold. You also need to align the float bowl vent so it does not flow
over when hard cornering.  Really a short list for a very effective
carburetor until you get to the emission  type carbs that had no adjustment
for mixture and the needles were very difficult to deal with for racing.
All easy things to fix though. Determination is the key.