fot

[Fot] gas milage, etc.

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] gas milage, etc.
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:34:39 +1100
My TR3 w/ TR4 engine with 145-150 ft lbs of cylinder compression and H6 SUs
with SM needles gets really poor gas milage. I have never gotten much more
than 15-16 mpg on a tank of Sunoco 93. Granted I do drive it with elan most of
the time, and have never driven long enough at cruising speed to find out what
the consumption would be under those conditions. Recently I have gotten the
engine to what seems to be very good state of tune. It has great pull below
3500 and willingly goes on up to 5k, but with some loss of pull above 4500.
Plugs look clean and mixture adjusted as lean as can be for a smooth idle. New
points and did a valve adjustment .010 all accross. Any insights? I even have
and use an O.D unit. Tires are 165R15 with 26 LBS pressure.
steve P.