fot

[Fot] Liner Protrusion?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Liner Protrusion?
From: rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:21:14 -0400
Amici,

I'm building a new TR4 motor.? Planning to use a steel shim headgasket.? Along
with the shaved head, compression ratio will be aprrox. 11:1.

With the new 89mm liners clamped down lightly on top of dry figure 8 gaskets
which measure .0145" thick, cylinders 1, 2, and 3 liner?protrusion measures
between .003" and .004".? Cylinder #4 protrusion measures between .005" and
.006".? My question is.... what are the chances the steel shim headgasket? will
seal properly with these heights and variation?

Further, what do you like to use for sealer on the (steel) figure 8's and steel
shim gaskets?

Thanks!

Rich Rock