fot

[Fot] Engine parts for sale

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Engine parts for sale
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 20:16:50 -0700 (PDT)
Listers: Today I went to my machine shop to pick up a block and crank they were
doing for me. The owner was in the proces of cleaning out unclaimed jobs and
offered to sell me all the Triumph and MG stuff that has been collecting dust.
Only makes sense...he has $$$ in it and would like to reclaim some of his
losses. I was feeling especially good, so I gave him his labor cost that he had
in each item. Below are some of the things I got that I don't think I'll need.
Sorry but I am keeping all the small journal 1300 stuff for myself.

   Spitfire 1500 crank, polished to standard size
   1972 TR6 head, disassembled, vatted, crack checked. With all the valves and
springs.
   Numerous and various Spitfire 1300 and 1500 heads in different stages; some
disassembled and crack checked, others with completed valve jobs, some with
work not started. I have not had time to check the casting numbers. If there
are particular ones you would like let me know.
  If anyone is interested in any of this stuff you can contact me directly.
Leftover stuff will find it's way to Ebay. I just couldn't let this stuff go to
the scrap pile.

  To those interested...I have a set of new original Hepolite GT6 domed pistons
in +.040 that I will be putting onto Ebay this weekend unless someone on the
list needs them. From what I can tell they give 9.5/1 CR, and were used in the
GT6 MkIII.

  Sorry to bomb the list with this but I'd prefer an FOT'er got any of this
before Joe Ebayer.

  Thanks - Ed -