fot

[Fot] Justins TR4 gasket

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Justins TR4 gasket
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:46:15 -0400
Interesting post Don. One of Justin's light blue gaskets for the TR4
came with the spares stash I got with my race car. I tried it one
weekend I was killing lots of mosquitoes from a valve cover gasket leak,
the silicone gasket leaked worse than the cork ones!

Your comment about the gaskets growing when hot makes me remember some
sort of deal where Justin's early gaskets needed to be cured in some
way. I don't remember the details. (Big surprise, huh?)

So Justin, can you shed some light here? What do I need to do to make my
blue gasket work? I've got a street TR4 I would like to use it on.

FWIW, what I did on the race car was buy an alloy valve cover from Moss.
It didn't even sit square on the head, so my machine shop had to square
it up, then I had them cut a slot for an o-ring. So I have stupid money
in that valve cover, but it goes on and off painlessly and never leaks.