fot

Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS

To: list@mackenzie.aero, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS
From: Andrew Mace <herald948@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:26:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert MacKenzie <list@mackenzie.aero>

Just curious about something; is the year/commission number correct for this
car or is there a misprint on the entry list?

If I remember correctly; Spitfire production began in '62 and a car FC11029
would be at least a '63. (Not nitpicking - just curious)

 ==AM==
You are correct; it can't be a 1961 and almost definitely is a 1963!
(Technically, the displacement should be 1147cc, not 1300cc, but that's another
story, I suppose....)

I always get a bit of a kick out of folks who claim their US - spec. early
Spitfire 4 is a 1962 model...especially since the cars weren't even introduced
to the US press until January 1963! ;-)

--Andy Mace