fot

Re: [Fot] Brands Hatch

To: mdporter@dfn.com, BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brands Hatch
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:44:20 EDT
<< I am not running an overdrive gearbox currently, but there is a knob at the
steering wheel.>>

I used a gear shift knob for years with a side sliding switch.  Some people
said that it was a fan switch, and others said it was for shifting the two
speed axles on the old trailer truck tractors.

The internal parts finally wore and would come apart, and I could never find
another switch like this one.  I would disassemble the switch and put the
parts back together, and even made a couple of parts for it.  Finally, I gave u
using it and installed a switch on the gear shift (suggested by Ted Shoemaker).

I still use the original switch as a gear shifter knob.