fot

[Fot] Uncle Jack's Legacy

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Uncle Jack's Legacy
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:31:55 -0500

--===============1044825633==

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C902B8.59419CC0

Now that the shock is beginning to wear off I've had time to consider =
Uncle Jack's legacy.  At the top of the list for me would have to be =
Tony Drews.  When I'd send an e-mail with one of my many questions it =
was always to the "Drews", Jack and Tony.  Many times I'd hear from Tony =
first,and if it was an engine question, he'd defer to Jack, or as he'd =
usually say, "I'll think I'll let Uncle Jack chime in on this one."  But =
on a lot of the other questions Tony would get back to me promptly with =
an answer.  I think he was taking some of the "load" off of Jack, =
especially as I see all of the other posts from people that Jack was =
helping.
    Tony has also been very active on the list as we all know and, as =
Jack was, in answering questions and giving input to the threads.
    While we were building the car we'd seek out Jack and Tony at =
Elkhart Lake and Tony would spend whatever time it took to go over =
things with us.  I recall when he spent about 1/2 hour reviewing his =
fuel system, pump, filter, regulator, pressure gauge, plumbing, =
fittings, mounting, the whole works.
    Again, after the car was built and after ELVF last Fall when we had =
a problem with the transmission and I finally got around to fixing it =
last winter and realized I'd have to get the OD off (and back on!) I =
e-mailed the "Drews" again and it was Tony who gave me advice.  But the =
part that shows that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", is in =
one post when I was having my doubts about doing it and Tony says, =
"Well, I guess I'll just take a weekend holiday in Fond du Lac, =
Wisconsin if you really get into trouble."  That turned out not to be =
necessary, but he was willing to take a weekend and drive up here to =
help another Triumph team.
    I said in my "memories" post that the car wouldn't be what it is and =
as problem free as it has been without the help from Uncle Jack.  I =
should have said without the help and encouragement from the "Drews", =
Jack and Tony.
    I think Jack's helpfulness, kindness and graciousness is living on =
in Tony.  Any father would be happy and proud to leave this world =
knowing he was leaving a son like Tony behind.

    To me that's Uncle Jack's greatest legacy.

Tim Murphy
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C902B8.59419CC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now that the shock is beginning to wear =
off I've=20
had&nbsp;time to consider Uncle Jack's legacy.&nbsp; At the top of the =
list for=20
me would have to be Tony Drews.&nbsp; When I'd send an e-mail with one =
of my=20
many questions it was always to the "Drews", Jack and Tony.&nbsp; Many =
times I'd=20
hear from Tony first,and if it was an engine question, he'd defer to =
Jack, or as=20
he'd usually say, "I'll think I'll let Uncle Jack chime in on this =
one."&nbsp;=20
But on a lot of the other questions Tony would get back to me promptly =
with an=20
answer.&nbsp; I think he was taking some of the "load" off of Jack, =
especially=20
as I see all of the other posts from people that Jack was =
helping.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tony has also been =
very active=20
on the list as we all know and, as Jack was,&nbsp;in answering questions =
and=20
giving input to the threads.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; While we were =
building the car=20
we'd seek out Jack and Tony at Elkhart Lake and Tony would spend =
whatever time=20
it took to go over things with us.&nbsp; I recall when he spent about =
1/2 hour=20
reviewing his fuel system, pump, filter, regulator, pressure gauge, =
plumbing,=20
fittings, mounting, the whole works.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Again, after the car =
was built=20
and after ELVF last Fall when we had a problem with the transmission and =
I=20
finally got around to fixing it last winter and realized I'd have to get =
the OD=20
off (and back on!) I e-mailed the "Drews" again and it was Tony who gave =
me=20
advice.&nbsp; But the part that shows that "the apple doesn't fall far =
from the=20
tree", is in one post when I was having my doubts about doing it and =
Tony says,=20
"Well, I guess I'll just take a weekend holiday in Fond du Lac, =
Wisconsin if you=20
really get into trouble."&nbsp;&nbsp;That turned out not to be=20
necessary,&nbsp;but he was willing to take a weekend and drive up here =
to help=20
another Triumph team.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I said in my =
"memories" post=20
that the car wouldn't be what it is and as problem free as it has been =
without=20
the help from Uncle Jack.&nbsp; I should have said without the help and=20
encouragement from the "Drews", Jack <U>and</U> Tony.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I think&nbsp;Jack's =
helpfulness,=20
kindness and graciousness is living on&nbsp;in Tony.&nbsp; Any father =
would be=20
happy and proud to leave this world knowing he was leaving&nbsp;a son =
like Tony=20
behind.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To me that's Uncle =
Jack's=20
greatest legacy.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tim Murphy</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>