fot

[Fot] Fw: Favorite momory of Jack

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fw: Favorite momory of Jack
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:56:17 -0500

--===============0169999971==

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C902D4.E622C350

----- Original Message -----=20
From: rpm724@att.net=20
To: tony@tonydrews.com=20
Cc: Tim Murphy=20
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:03 PM
Subject: Favorite momory of Jack

I met "Uncle" Jack at Road America in the late 90's when I was there as =
a spectator and asked him where to get a header for my street TR4.  He =
was very nice, and my dad and I talked with him and complimented his =
beautiful TR4 (old blue).  Years later my dad and I were building our =
own TR4 race car, and Jack helped every step of the way.  He invited us =
into his home, showed us his car, and we had a nice lunch together.  I =
was impressed with his ingenuity and car.  I couldn't believe he built =
his own flow bench.  I was impressed that "Uncle" Jack had a tremendous =
wealth of skill and knowlege, but wasn't full of himself.  He was very =
down to earth and willing to answer our questions.  In the years to come =
my dad and I were fortunate enough to paddock next to Jack and Tony.  I =
am probably the youngest person racing a TR-4 in vintage racing, so I =
really did see Jack as "Uncle" Jack.  I couldn't believe he remained so =
calm when something on his car would break, or the lengths he would go =
to to finish the week-end, like putting his rear end assembly in the =
back of his van and driving 4 hours home and back again to rebuild it.  =
I always looked forward to seeing "Uncle" Jack at the races.  Being new =
to racing, I looked up to him as an example of how to act and race in =
Vintage Racing.  "Uncle" Jack was a class act all the way.

Sincerely,=20
Ryan Murphy
------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C902D4.E622C350

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----=20
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=3Drpm724@att.net href=3D"mailto:rpm724@att.net";>rpm724@att.net</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=3Dtony@tonydrews.com=20
href=3D"mailto:tony@tonydrews.com";>tony@tonydrews.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Cc:</B> <A title=3Dtimmurph@fastbytes.com=20
href=3D"mailto:timmurph@fastbytes.com";>Tim Murphy</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:03 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Favorite momory of Jack</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I met "Uncle" Jack at Road America in =
the late 90's=20
when I was there as a spectator and asked him where to get a header for =
my=20
street TR4.&nbsp; He was very nice, and my dad and I talked with him and =

complimented his beautiful TR4 (old blue).&nbsp; Years later my dad and =
I were=20
building our own TR4 race car, and Jack helped every step of the =
way.&nbsp; He=20
invited us into his home, showed us his car, and we had a nice lunch=20
together.&nbsp; I was impressed with his ingenuity and car.&nbsp; I =
couldn't=20
believe he built his own flow bench.&nbsp; I was impressed that "Uncle" =
Jack had=20
a tremendous wealth of skill and knowlege, but wasn't full of =
himself.&nbsp; He=20
was very down to earth and willing to answer our questions.&nbsp; In the =
years=20
to come my dad and I were fortunate enough to paddock next to Jack and=20
Tony.&nbsp; I am probably the youngest person racing a TR-4 in vintage =
racing,=20
so I really did see Jack as "Uncle" Jack.&nbsp; I couldn't believe he =
remained=20
so calm when something on his car would break, or the lengths he would =
go to to=20
finish the week-end, like putting his rear end assembly in the back of =
his van=20
and driving 4 hours home and back again to rebuild it.&nbsp; I always =
looked=20
forward to seeing "Uncle" Jack at the races. &nbsp;Being new to racing, =
I looked=20
up to him as an example of&nbsp;how to act and race in Vintage =
Racing.&nbsp;=20
"Uncle" Jack was a class act all the way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerely, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ryan Murphy</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>