fot

Re: [Fot] Ghost Tracks of the midwest

To: <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Ghost Tracks of the midwest
From: "riverside" <riverside@cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:17:46 -0500
The license plate reference caused a flashback to the
day i promised myself to never again run a Chicago Region SCCA event.
TR3 racers will recall the not uncommon loss of the
spare tire well cover.   My racer was street licensed (to reduce
the size of the fine when apprehended in the act of public
testing) and i kept the plate securely attacked to the  tire well
cover where it belonged.  Even tho the GCR did not reference
license plates,  i was summoned to the top of the Road America
"tower" and threatened with excomunication if i did not remove the plate.

On a more pleasant note, the other TR3 running that event was towed
behind a 289 Cobra.  Wish i still had the entry list..  We both had
engine problems,  I beat him that day because we both needed to
pit to add oil , but only he did.

Ghost tracks:  A reunion at Meadowdale is scheduled for 9/13-14
                      accordiing to yesterday's alfa racer group