fot

Re: [Fot] Way Home from Glen

To: "marty sukey" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Way Home from Glen
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:43:45 -0400

--===============1493195974==

------=_NextPart_000_0235_01C909DD.4235BC10

Hi Marty, you sure you got the right route? It is probably Rt. 86, the =
old Rt 17/ Southern Tier Expressway, that you're referring to. It goes =
across the southern part of NY state. It is kind of deserted in spots.
Bath/Hammondsport is a nice area, not far from the Glen. It's a hike to =
Olean, the next bigger city. Just north of Salamanca is Ellicottville, a =
neat resort/ski area with nice restaurants and shops. Jamestown is next, =
birthplace of Lucille Ball. Then I90 and Erie. Nice park at Presque =
Isle. Joe and Uncle Jack stopped by last spring. Joe picked up dinner =
and I bought ice cream at the park. Lots of places to stay and eat =
around Erie.
Next is Ohio, home of those dreadful Buckeyes! But you knew that.
Hope this helps.
See you next week.
Bill
PS, top off your tanks in Ohio or PA, gas is more expensive in NY.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20