fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 timing advice needed please

To: "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 timing advice needed please
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 01:46:04 -0700
--===============0690814761==

--Apple-Mail-10--22886615

I run 35 total advance

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:19 PM, "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:

> As I recall, I've got about 12 degrees at "idle" (a bit over 1000
> rpm), straight line "curve" to 32 degrees at 3000, then slightly
> increasing advance as the RPM's increase from there.  I think it's
> 34 degrees at 6k.  Not that far off of your settings.
>
> - Tony D
>
> At 05:54 PM 9/6/2008, Jim Gray wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>> I could use a bit advice on timing. I have one of the new 1-2-3
>> distributors out of the Nederlands.
>> It's an electronic distributor with programmable timing curves.
>> The curve I have at the moment is 10 degrees at 500 - 1000 , 27
>> degrees at 2000  and 33 degrees at 4500
>> there are 16 different curve settings available. Coming off the
>> throttle it falls flat on it's face and I have to coax it up to
>> 3000 where it takes off pretty good. I just installed a set of
>> Mikuni HSR 45's and they ran really well before I installed
>> the distributor. I'm not getting any noticable pinging out of it. I
>> know I still have some jetting to get through
>> but as I mentioned, It didn't have this problem before the
>> distributor went in.
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>> Jim Gray
>> RMVR # 102

--Apple-Mail-10--22886615

href="mailto:tony@tonydrews.com";>tony@tonydrews.com</a>>
As I recall, I've got about 12 degrees at "idle" (a bit over
1000 rpm), straight line "curve" to 32 degrees at 3000, then
slightly increasing advance as the RPM's increase from there.&nbsp; I
think it's 34 degrees at 6k.&nbsp; Not that far off of your
settings.<br><br>
- Tony D<br><br>
At 05:54 PM 9/6/2008, Jim Gray wrote:<br>
I could use a bit advice on timing. I have one of the new 1-2-3
distributors out of the Nederlands.<br>
It's an electronic distributor with programmable timing curves.<br>
The curve I have at the moment is 10 degrees at 500 - 1000 , 27 degrees
at 2000&nbsp; and 33 degrees at 4500<br>
there are 16 different curve settings available. Coming off the throttle
it falls flat on it's face and I have to coax it up to<br>
3000 where it takes off pretty good. I just installed a set of Mikuni HSR
45's and they ran really well before I installed <br>
the distributor. I'm not getting any noticable pinging out of it. I know
I still have some jetting to get through<br>
but as I mentioned, It didn't have this problem before the distributor
went in.<br>
Any advice would be appreciated.<br>
Jim Gray<br>
RMVR # 102<br>