fot

Re: [Fot] Sad news from Road America

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com, Billb@bnj.com, william.tobin3@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sad news from Road America
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:49:53 EDT
--===============1355615443==

--part1_c54.35df532e.360a4e01_boundary

In a message dated 09/22/2008 10:27:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
GSFuqua1@aol.com writes:

> It is NOT my intention to be contentious or argumentative but I race with a
> lot of people too and many of them feel the same as I do.  No, it isn't a
> parade but is sure isn't worth dying for either.  On the other hand if I were
> to go out that way it wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit.  At least I
> would be with some of my very best friends and doing something I have come to
> love.

Good for you Gary.  All good points.

As a point of reference, let me add some info to my use of 'high speed
parade'.  It is a variation of a quote from Bob Tullius, who as Honorary Grand
Marshall at an early ELVF, was asked what he thought about 'vintage racing'.
He
stepped on our toes and said something to the effect of...I don't think you
should do it, and if you do, it should be more like a 'high speed parade'
instead
of real racing.  Kind of hurt our feelings when he said it, but clearly he was
influenced by his background, the risk involved, and safety issues.  In the
same question and answer period he was asked his favorite circuit after running
at so many venues.  I was surprised he said, "Brainerd".  When asked why,
again safety was the issue.  He said, "Brainerd, while fast, is safe and
forgiving."

Bill Dentinger

**************
Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
calculators.

--part1_c54.35df532e.360a4e01_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D3 P=
TSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face" LANG=3D"0">In a me=
ssage dated 09/22/2008 10:27:52 PM Central Daylight Time, GSFuqua1@aol.com w=
rites:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">It is <B>NOT</B> my intention t=
o be contentious or argumentative but I race with a lot of people too and ma=
ny of them feel the same as I do.&nbsp; No, it isn't a parade but is sure is=
n't worth dying for either.&nbsp; On the other hand if I were to go out that=
 way it wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit.&nbsp; At least I would be=20=
with some of my very best friends and doing something I have come to love.<B=

</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face"=
 LANG=3D"0"><BR>
Good for you Gary.&nbsp; All good points.<BR>
<BR>
As a point of reference, let me add some info to my use of 'high speed parad=
e'.&nbsp; It is a variation of a quote from Bob Tullius, who as Honorary Gra=
nd Marshall at an early ELVF, was asked what he thought about 'vintage racin=
g'.&nbsp; He stepped on our toes and said something to the effect of...I don=
't think you should do it, and if you do, it should be more like a 'high spe=
ed parade' instead of real racing.&nbsp; Kind of hurt our feelings when he s=
aid it, but clearly he was influenced by his background, the risk involved,=20=
and safety issues.&nbsp; In the same question and answer period he was asked=
 his favorite circuit after running at so many venues.&nbsp; I was surprised=
 he said, "Brainerd".&nbsp; When asked why, again safety was the issue.&nbsp=
; He said, "Brainerd, while fast, is safe and forgiving."<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger<BR>
</FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for simple solutions to your re=
al-life financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and i=
nformation, tips and calculators.<BR>      (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=
=3Demlcntuswall00000001)</HTML>