fot

Re: [Fot] CAR RACING & DEATH

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] CAR RACING & DEATH
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:42:10 -0700
I very much appreciate my wife's understanding.

We will all go in our own time.  Be it on track, driving to the Super
market, watching TV (that happened to an Uncle of her's last month)
or asleep in your bed.

She had very little concern when our son started racing karts at 9
(he's 16 now) because of the precautions taken and once he
demonstrated sufficient skills she had no more concern.  Safety gear
(suit, helmet, etc...) and the fact that there are the wonderful
corner workers and EMT's on site.  Nothing like that available to him
riding his bike or skateboard in the neighborhood.