fot

Re: [Fot] Soft mounts for H6 SU's

To: rkramer3@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Soft mounts for H6 SU's
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:32:23 GMT
--===============1813311334==

----__JWM__J42e6.7cb7S.74a0M

I used the mounting kit for Weber's and some longer studs.  The kit has =
the o-rings mounted to an aluminum plate and has the rubbery spacers to =
hold the carbs snug to the manifold.  I just had to elongate a couple of=
 the holes in the o-ring plate and the plate will slide right over 2 dia=
gonally opposing studs.  I used a little Hylomar on the o-rings as a lit=
tle sealant.  Joe(B)

-- "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com> wrote:
All I did when I went this route was to use some 2" o-rings I had lying =
around. I added some slightly longer carb studs and cut a minor recess i=
nto the stock phenolic block. Worked perfectly but I suppose I should ha=
ve created something to fill the gap between the block and the carb body=
.Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com----- Original Message ----- From: Tim Murphy To: =
'FOT' Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:49 PMSubject: [Fot] Soft mount=
s for H6 SU's
We had a problem with the front H6 SU going rich at the end of the front=
 straight and in the carousel at Elkhart Lake last weekend so I want to =
make some soft mounts for the carbs.  I'll get the material and O-rings =
from McMaster-Carr so I have a lot of choices.  I was thinking of using =
a phenolic called Garolite or an acetal.  The O-ring material I was thin=
king of was Viton.  Any suggestions?  And does the hardness of the O-rin=
gs make much diference?  There were some threads on this back about 7 an=
d 8 years ago that I looked up in the archives but no specifics on mater=
ials. Tim

Shop now for huge discounts on quality surveillance cameras. Click here!=

http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijltMADfJAQzpYWuALtm=
TzhPjswvNZrZ4ifex2oCVORq3upkO/
----__JWM__J42e6.7cb7S.74a0M

he kit has the o-rings mounted to an aluminum plate and has the rubbery =
spacers to hold the carbs snug to the manifold.&nbsp; I just had to elon=
gate a couple of the holes in the o-ring plate and the plate will slide =
right over 2 diagonally opposing studs.&nbsp; I used a little Hylomar on=
 the o-rings as a little sealant.&nbsp; Joe(B)<BR><BR>-- "BOB KRAMER" &l=
t;rkramer3@austin.rr.com&gt; wrote:<BR>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All I did when I went this route was to=
 use some 2" o-rings I had lying around. I added some slightly longer ca=
rb studs and cut a minor recess into the stock phenolic block. Worked pe=
rfectly but I suppose I should have created something to fill the gap be=
tween the block and the carb body.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Bob Kramer<BR><A href=3D"mailto:rkramer3@austin.rr.com";>rkramer3@au=
stin.rr.com</A></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT:=
 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">=
<B>From:</B> <A title=3Dtimmurph@fastbytes.com href=3D"mailto:timmurph@f=
astbytes.com">Tim Murphy</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=3Dfot@autox.team.net=
 href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>'FOT'</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, September 23, 2008=
 7:49 PM</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Fot] Soft mounts for H6=
 SU's</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We had a problem with the front H6 SU g=
oing rich at the end of the front straight and in the carousel at Elkhar=
t Lake last weekend so I want to make some soft mounts for the carbs.&nb=
sp; I'll get the material and O-rings from McMaster-Carr so I have a lot=
 of choices.&nbsp; I was thinking of using a phenolic called Garolite or=
 an acetal.&nbsp; The O-ring material I was thinking of was Viton.&nbsp;=
 Any suggestions?&nbsp; And does the hardness of the O-rings make much d=
iference?&nbsp; There were some threads on this back about 7 and 8 years=
 ago that I looked up in the archives but no specifics on materials.</FO=
NT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tim</FONT></DIV>
<P>
<HR>

et http://www.team.net/donate.html<BR><BR>http://www.fot-racing.com<BR><=
an/listinfo/fot<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></html>

DfJAQzpYWuALtmTzhPjswvNZrZ4ifex2oCVORq3upkO/ target=3D"_blank">Shop now =
for huge discounts on quality surveillance cameras. Click here!</font></=
a><br>
----__JWM__J42e6.7cb7S.74a0M--