fot

[Fot] Steel Flywheels by A.R.E. for FOT Some choices in production.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Steel Flywheels by A.R.E. for FOT Some choices in production.
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:24:20 EDT
--===============0397483507==

--part1_ca9.35f6d356.36125b34_boundary

If not interested in Flywheels, please delete.

If I do another production run of TR3/TR4 Flywheels, I may be able to combine
with a first production run of TR6 (later crank).

There are some common manufacturing operations that may allow some cost
benefits of combining these production runs.

Furthermore, I get requests for the drilled and tapped holes associated with
aftermarket clutches.

Chuck Arnold asks if flywheels can be manufactured without the drilled and
tapped holes. This could be a brilliant idea if folks have the capabilities of
doing their own mounting holes. (Proof of concept needs to be checked)

This would eliminate the transport of the Flywheels to a different Machine
Center and reduce the cost of production. My experience with deducts is that it
would not be generous.

This project may proceed, but likely very slowly. It wont be a high priority,
unless the numbers start to look very good.

Excel Spread Sheet Time...who is interested if we can do 'blanks' for
mounting aftermarket clutches.

Joe A

   </HTML>

--part1_ca9.35f6d356.36125b34_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>If not intere=
sted in Flywheels, please delete.
<BR>
<BR>If I do another production run of TR3/TR4 Flywheels, I may be able to co=
mbine with a first production run of TR6 (later crank).
<BR>
<BR>There are some common manufacturing operations that may allow some cost=20=
benefits of combining these production runs.
<BR>
<BR>Furthermore, I get requests for the drilled and tapped holes associated=20=
with aftermarket clutches.
<BR>
<BR><B>Chuck Arnold</B> <I>asks if flywheels can be manufactured without the=
 drilled and tapped holes. <U>This could be a brilliant idea</U> if folks ha=
ve the capabilities of doing their own mounting holes. (Proof of concept nee=
ds to be checked)
<BR></I>
<BR>This would eliminate the transport of the Flywheels to a different Machi=
ne Center and reduce the cost of production. My experience with deducts is t=
hat it would not be generous.
<BR>
<BR>This project may proceed, but likely very slowly. It wont be a high prio=
rity, unless the numbers start to look very good.
<BR>
<BR>Excel Spread Sheet Time...who is interested if we can do 'blanks' for mo=
unting aftermarket clutches.
<BR>
<BR>Joe A
<BR>