fot

[Fot] F-1

To: rjohns@woh.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] F-1
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:25:43 EDT
Just a comment......

In the late 50s, Jim Bede, used tiny perforations in the flying surfaces in
order to control laminar flow.  Not very cost effective at the time, but with
modern manufacturing methods, it might be more feasible. Maybe it wasnt even
functionally effective, but an interesting idea.

 F-1 and others have may have pursued this, but I wonder about that, too.

Jim Bede was the originator the BD-5 & BD 5J  microjet used in the Bond
Movies and one was also owned and flown by Richard Bach....(Jonathon Livingston
Seagull).