fot

Re: [Fot] F-1 (Crankcase Oil Use Unveiled)

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] F-1 (Crankcase Oil Use Unveiled)
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:07:19 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/2008 10:26:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

Joe

        I think you overlooked  a very important point in the previous email
below about the use of  crankcase oils.

        Clearly, the Triumph  engineers intended our cars to leak crankcase
oil so that we could study  the under carriages aerodynamics. I wonder what
other revelations we will be  able to find out in the future?

Cary

Just a  comment......

In the late 50s, Jim Bede, used tiny perforations in the  flying surfaces in
order to control laminar flow.  Not very cost  effective at the time, but
with
modern manufacturing methods, it might be  more feasible. Maybe it wasnt even
functionally effective, but an  interesting idea.

F-1 and others have may have pursued this, but I  wonder about that, too.

Jim Bede was the originator the BD-5 & BD  5J  microjet used in the Bond
Movies and one was also owned and flown  by Richard Bach....(Jonathon
Livingston
Seagull).

Fot  mailing  list
Fot@autox.team.net