fot

[Fot] forget F1 IRL NASCAR ETC, what about FOT

To: budscars@comcast.net, spitlist@cox.net, tony@tonydrews.com,
Subject: [Fot] forget F1 IRL NASCAR ETC, what about FOT
From: DSPGTi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:50:22 EDT
There are a few of you FOT's out there that may be familiar with my
irrational outbursts about vintage racing in the past. I have been a member
for only a
few years and since I made such a bad impression in the beginning, I was
hesitant to voice my opinion. But now it is time to step up and be heard.

Our membership has swelled significantly due to successful events and joining
with other Internet groups. My impression is that we are a much more
diversified group then we use to be. So what is our goal? Are we on track with
the
intent of starting the FOT to begin with?

I have been personally insulted 6 times in the past week. I have been told
that the type of racing I like is ignorant, stupid, boring, etc. F1 and the
antics of the rich and famous are more important than the events that we
attend.
Some say, this date is the cut off of real vintage, others yada, yada, yada.

I thought this group was about Triumphs and how to make them go faster. I
listened to the members chat about getting together at this event or that. I
dreamed about joining up with our group at Watkins Glen only to be
disappointed by
attending to things that were more important to me. I like the sharing of
technical information. A recount or two of an event are welcomed by those that
couldn't attend.

I will make one proposal and then I'll be quiet. IF IT IS NOT A DIRECT
ACTIVITY INVOLVING TRIUMPHS, FIND SOMEPLACE ELSE TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Either that or lock me out altogether because I for one have become
increasingly irritated by the direction of this group.

David Yeager

no registration required and great graphics b check it out!