fot

[Fot] GT6 Camshaft recommendations

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] GT6 Camshaft recommendations
From: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:42:42 -0400
For my GT6 vintage racer/hillclimb car, I am looking for recommendations for a
cam grind that will give me more torque/horsepower at a lower rpm than the
Crane grind F-254/325-8 in the engine now.  It's 300 degree duration, intake
opens at 47 degrees BTDC w .016 lift, closes 73 ABDC.  It is pure road race
and really starts pulling at 5,000 rpm up to 7,000.  Would like to move this
down to low 4,000 range, given that I run some hill climbs and try not to go
over 6,500 rpm most of the time.
Engine is 11:1, roller rockers, ported head, 6-2-1 headers, three weber 40
DCOE.
Suggestions?