fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire oil pan baffling

To: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>, Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire oil pan baffling
From: "robert bownes" <bownes@seiri.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:21:32 -0400
Maybe I'm coming in the middle here, but I had a horrible time with #3 rod
bearings in my 1147, even after putting in an accusump. I tried feeds to the
galleries, accusump, cross drilling the crank, prepped rods, baffled oil
pan, swinging oil pickup, and lord knows what else. Best I ever got was an
engine that lasted 2 races.